As well as being a fascinating industry in which to become involved, a number of tax advantages have been made available for both individual and institutional investors. As well as making full use of these advantages on behalf of our investors, Beazknees Films Ltd seeks to work closely to keep all investors fully informed of the progress of our projects. We seek to make films in a cost effective way without compromising on quality, and our extensive contacts in suppliers of complementary investment streams, production, marketing and distribution ensure that whilst producing films of outstanding quality and integrity we maximise the opportunity to make our projects profitable.
The Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS)
This is a new (April 2012) scheme available for investments into start up businesses. It has been indicated to Beazknees Films Ltd by HMRC that the Company qualifies for this scheme.
- Income Tax Relief – An individual can reduce their income tax liability by 50% of the amount invested in the SEIS shares.
- Capital Gains Tax Relief – There is no capital gains tax charged on the gain in any sale of shares so long as the investor has held their shares for at least three years. In addition there exist arrangements to defer Capital Gains Tax liabilities due on gains resulting from other investments subject to qualifying periods. For more information contact us.
- Capital Gains Tax reinvestment relief for 2012-2013.
- Income tax loss relief on disposal.
- Inheritance Tax – Shares in the Company should qualify for 100% exemption from Inheritance Tax in the event of the death of the shareholder so long as the shares have been held for two years.
Further information: www.hmrc.gov.uk/seedeis/index.htm
Film Tax Relief
UK film production companies are able to take advantage of this unique relief, subject to a number of investment criteria.
For films with a total core expenditure of £20 million or less, the film production company can claim payable cash rebate of up to 25% of UK qualifying film production expenditure. For films with a core expenditure of more than £20 million, the film production company can claim a payable cash rebate of up to 20% of UK qualifying film production expenditure.
Whilst a UK ‘Cultural Test’ applies to productions, a number of international and bilateral treaties exist in relation to co-productions.
For further information: www.hmrc.gov.uk/films/
For further information on investing in our feature film The Quiet Road, please contact:
tel: +44 (0) 750 301 2843